Thinking of what to eat in general is hard enough! (at least for me) but thinking of what to make as soon as you open your groggy, tired eyes, now that is even more of a pain.
It needs to be something that will start your day (and metabolism) off on the right path, So I have come up with 7 simple meals that are great for your time, great for your metabolism, and even great on your wallet (all the ingredients are cheap!) - Be free to write or print this out, and switch the order up each week!
- Monday: 1 cup oatmeal, 1 piece of fruit (I like to cut mine up and put in the oatmeal), 1 piece of toast (please substitute butter for a tiny bit of honey), 8oz of water.
- Tuesday: 2 cups of a healthy cereal (like a Special K or a shredded wheat type), 1 piece of fruit, 8oz of water.
- Wednesday: 1 egg, 1 piece of toast (honey instead of butter!), 6oz of milk, 8oz water.
- Thursday: 10oz of a smoothie (usually ice, a little juice and 2-3 types of fruit, a few dollops of yogurt and press blend! - make sure the lid is on though!), half of a bagel, 8oz of water.
- Friday: 2 eggs sauteed with 5 different veggies, wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla, 6oz of juice, 8oz water.
- Saturday: Mix: 1 egg, mashed banana, add 1 tsp of veggie oil. Pour onto a pan in small circles to make healthy pancakes that use no butter or flour, have no more than 7 small circles (should be smaller than your palm!), 8oz of milk, 8oz of water.
- Sunday: The S.E.T. Sandwich. 2 slices of whole wheat bread (toast if you like), scramble or fry one egg, then add spinach, tomato, and a dash of cheese (1 slice), 4oz of juice, 8oz water.
These are 7 easy and great meals that you can switch up each week. And yes, even though you drink milk or juice or a smoothie, you MUST drink 8oz of water. Preferably you should do this as soon as you wake up. Water wakes up your organs and metabolism and helps flush out toxins so you can start your day right (make sure to have 7 more glasses throughout the day)
And look forward to my lunch meal soon!